Your help will support immigrant lives in more ways than you will ever know!
The Prisma is an independent, multicultural and bilingual newspaper written and put together by hundred of journalists, translators, photographers and other volunteers of different nationalities.
There are between 700,000 and 1,300,000 Latin Americans residing in the United Kingdom and the only newspaper/Media that connects them with British society is The Prisma, a bilingual independent and professional online newspaper created by immigrants and run entirely by volunteers.
The Prisma has reached a vital moment in its history. Soon we will be 7 years online, and in this time we have grown to become the only bilingual (Spanish/English) newspaper that provides information to Spanish and English speakers living in the UK and overseas, covering immigration issues, and the life of Latin-Americans and Spanish people in this country. A newspaper that reaches up to 200,000 readers weekly.
As we have grown our work has become more demanding and we need your help now to pay some of the basic costs of producing our weekly publication and to help us to grow.
It’s only with the help of you and of others that we will be able to continue and do more.
As you can imagine, our community is clearly excited and eager to see this project consolidate and develop. You can be a part of that excitement by joining our network of friends who are committed to our values and the future of The Prisma.
So, ‘Would you consider making a gift of £2 to £30 a month to The Prisma?’
We are not asking for too much and we will be pleased to receive whatever you can afford.
WITH YOUR SUPPORT WE WILL:
- pay our core staff
- pay for the server and maintenance of the website
- cover our basic running costs (telephone, etc.)
- Expand our readership to 1,000,000 per week.
- Participate actively participate in all the events organised by and for the Latino community.
- Extend this project which helps immigrants and strengthens the links between natives and foreigners.
With your support we can build on our five years of success and begin to do even more:
- giving immigrants, mainly Latin Americans a voice and making them visible since we have become an important and established channel for the communication of news, issues affecting peoples’ daily lives, and many other aspects of being a Latin-American immigrant in the UK.
- providing a connection between the Spanish-speaking and British communities.
- highlighting the activities planned by embassies, consulates, community, individuals, NGOs, and cultural organizations, and other groups in the UK.
- featuring ordinary people and the reality of the work they do as immigrants and their contribution, in different ways to this country.
- focusing on issues of concern to immigrants, and the social problems of their communities (Promoting and or/ supporting immigrants rights campaigns: minimum wage, immigrant rights, etc.).
- promoting and supporting multiculturalism.
- playing an active role in the Latin-American Recognition Campaign (LARC).
- playing an active role in anti-raids and anti-racism campaigns.
- providing journalism training to our permanent volunteers or interns.
- conducting exclusive interviews with diplomats and personalities around the world.
– Featured in The Guardian, (“Hideously diverse Britain: selling multiculturalism”), and other media.
– Organised and coordinated the National debate on “Multiculturalism in the UK – Has it got a Future?“ at the House of Commons (May 9th, 2013, London). 133 people attended the debate
HOW TO DONATE?
Donations can be made by…
2) Setting up a standing order, payable to the following account:
Branch sort code: 40-01-22
Account number: 01654438
The Prisma – The Multicultural Newspaper
3) Sending a cheque to:
The Prisma – The Multicultural Newspaper
2 Fortune Avenue
Flat 9 Aurora Court
Edgware – HA8 0FE
London – United Kingdom
All contributors may opt to have their names displayed in a list which will be published on our website and regularly updated.
Of course, there IS ANOTHER way of getting involved and helping us make The Prisma a lasting success, and that is ADVERTISING with us.
If you want to advertise with us, there are different packages available which we can tailor to your specific business needs. To find out more please CHECK OUR SECTION ‘Advertise with us’ and send an email to email@example.com.